Thursday, July 3, 2008

New Gig


Hey, all. Guess what?


I was meandering my way around Charlotte's WordStrumpet site and found a nifty little item from her - asking for people that would like to write book reviews.


Ahem ... yes, please ?!?!?


My blog bluddy / neighbor Anne volunteered as well, and our first reviews have already been put up on the site. Anne chose the newest book in a favorite series of hers to review, and Charlotte sugessted I write the review for Twilight, since we were just chatting about it on her site, and I read it in the last month.


Whoo-hoo!


We don't get paid - but in the very near future we will get free books mailed to our homes to read and review for the site. And someday in the future we'll get paid for our work.
But we already have our own little bios with our reviews, and Charlotte put up a link to my blog.


I'm sorry. I just have to read that little part about getting sent free books and then getting paid to read and write a review ... one more time. Hee - hee !!


Is that just incredibly awesome or what? I mean seriously - that's like getting paid to shop for purses, and then having the store GIVE you the purse. (Yes, I have been known to have a purse addiction. Some women like shoes - I dig purses.)


Here is the link to the book review site: www.wordstrumpet.typepad.com/bookstrumpet


Please drop by if you have a chance and check it out. Oh, and feel free to leave a comment and tell Charlotte just what wonderful writers she's chosen. (KIDDING !!) She lavishes praise on us like frosting - working with her is too much fun.



I know it's been a while since I've posted - but like I said after that last gap between postings, there just hasn't been much to talk about. Really boring stuff. But thank you so much for checking in with me every so often all the same - I promise to not stop writing altogether. There just may be a bit of lag time between items.


FYI: I still haven't heard anything back from my freelance client. I'm not really sure what to think about that - but rather than beat myself up and decide that she hated the first 25 articles, I'd rather simply chalk it up to the fact that she travels a lot, and has a lot on her plate at one time. Ah, well.

Somebody out there still wants me to write for them - and that's good enough for me!

1 comment:

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Awesome, hon! Congrats! Gee, sounds like a lot of arm twisting going on. Honestly. :)

Thomas likes to play with your mouse ... he'll even purr!