Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Is It Just Me?

Has anyone else noticed the change in the Blog-O-Sphere?

Two blogs I read often - one of them religiously - have gone and shut down on me. Three more have posted "hiatus" notices.

It's helped me to thin out my "Favorites" list but I'm sad to see them go. I understand that real life gets in the way, and that sometimes you just need a break from blogging. But, honestly? I'm feeling a little selfishly upset. OK, more than a little. I miss 'em. Baaaaaaad.

I've been a mite on-again-off-again with my own posting so I get it. I really do. But I always try to make my way back here again - to connect with my e-friends all over the place. There's a lot going on here now - I'm really loving the book reviews I'm doing, and I'm starting a new online business next week (or so) and possibly doing an interview and writing a brochure for a very prestigious architectural company here in Vegas. I'm trying to keep busy, and maybe make money doing something I love so much it actually leaves me at a loss for words. Yeah, I know. Me.

So, just in case you were wondering - if you decide you need to shut down or take a break, I'll understand but miss you like crazy.

But if you stick around and slog your way through ... I'm your biggest fan.

5 comments:

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

I'm here, slogging through. You're right, though. It's like the blogsphere has reached critical mass and the herd is thinning. I'm with you, though, in thinking it's just sad.

RiverPoet said...

My biggest fan? I'm counting on it! I can seem to stop myself from writing...

Peace - D

Jen said...

There has been so much negativity in the blogsphere lately. People can't seem to leave well enough alone, or leave others alone. I find it all quite sad.

I'm glad you are still here though!

Rhonda said...

I'm still here! AND I've UPDATED!! woohoo!! It's been on my to-do list now for the past month and a half but I finally got 30 minutes today to do it. Once I get my highspeed at home it will be so much easier to log on at night and do it. Hope all is well with you, kirk, and the kiddos!

love you all!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you have no plans for going anywhere.

I have had at least 3 of my faves close up shop within as many weeks. Such a pity, since they were all amazing writers, each with their own quirky style.

You would think that, given the fact blogger has a "reader's poll" option, that we'd at least have a say as to whether they fold up the tents or not.

Sheez.

Thomas likes to play with your mouse ... he'll even purr!