Saturday, June 21, 2008

Ha Ha Ha

The funniest thing I've heard in a week:

The kids were staying over at Hubby's parents house while we went to work the taverns last weekend.
I sent our daughter a text message at 11:30 - knowing she'd still be up - to remind her that Steve Carrell was on Saturday Night Live.
She answered me back, and then she called me. We chatted about what she and her brother had been doing, and then her seven-year-old brother got on the phone.
This is when the braying laughter started ...

Son: "Papaw is fixing the toilet."
Mom: "Really?"
Son: "Yeah. His glasses are in there."
Mom: "Oh, wow." (Kind of disinterested until the brain matter kicks in)
Mom: "Wait. Did he drop his glasses in there while trying to fix it - or did he drop his glasses in there and that's what caused the problem?"

My father-in-law is forever losing his dime store reading glasses that he just tucks carelessly in the front of his button-down shirts.

Son: "He was going potty and after he was done, when he bent down to flush, ummm, his glasses fell into the toilet. But he was already pushing the handle so the glasses got sucked down and now Papaw has to fix the toilet and try to get his glasses back."
Mom: "Honey, I don't think Papaw really wants those glasses back. I think by now he's just trying to fix the toilet."

During and after this phone call Hubby and I were laughing out loud for several minutes.

That was the best laugh I've had in a long time.

1 comment:

Maggie, Dammit said...

OK, talk about serendipity (and rain, if you count the backsplash from the toilet)... I just wrote about a similar experience on my honeymoon.

CRAZY.

Thomas likes to play with your mouse ... he'll even purr!