Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Coffee Talk


I can't seem to get my eyes open today. I think I'm going to have to do something about that. I've got a few articles I've got to work on and time's-a-wastin'. Now that I am legitimately allowed to call myself a writer ... by legend that means my beverages of choice are coffee or whiskey, right? I'm not a big fan of whiskey, that would make me barf and then I'd just crawl back in bed. Coffee it is, then!

Speaking of coffee ... did I mention that my cousins own THE best coffee company? They are in the Central Coast of California - which is ideal coffee atmosphere. Nice foggy mornings, mild to warm days, and foggy evenings with a bit of chill in the air. Can you tell I love the fog there? Can you tell I'm insanely jealous that they get to live in such gorgeous natural surroundings all year round? And, did you know that the pictures in the top right sidebar of my blog were taken in that area, not far from where one of my cousins lives?

I'm a native Las Vegan - I love my city. But Las Vegas is not known for having much "coffee weather" ... 120 degrees of sweltering heat makes you want to down a gallon of ice water, not hot java.

But from November on, especially this beautiful February weather, it's perfect. And yes, I know that in warmer / hotter months I can make iced coffee at home (that tastes a hell of a lot better than that icky, bitter Starbucks dreck) but I've finally gotten the hang of the perfect cup of hot coffee. Give me a little time and this summer I may accomplish the perfect iced coffee too.

Yes, that's their logo on top there. Be a pal and take a look at their site. Be a better pal and buy some coffee! I swear, there are a bazillion different flavors available and I haven't had one yet that I didn't like. Morning Fog Lifter, German Blend, Colombian ... those are three of my family's favorites. And the Irish Creme and Creme Brulee are indescribably good.

Now I am really craving the java. Gotta go.

Oooooh, I can have a cookie too ......

http://www.sloroasted.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lori,

Way COOL! Thanks a lot!

Julie

Thomas likes to play with your mouse ... he'll even purr!