Sunday, February 24, 2008

Saturday Outing


We drove out to Henderson yesterday to see the da Vinci Experience. It was absolutely amazing! The kids (Kaitlin, Payton and Andrew) had as much fun as the grown-ups (my mom, Kirk, Anne and I).
Seeing the reproductions of his drawings and mechanical creations, pages from his journals, and especially his paintings was fantastic. I think I could have spent hours and hours wandering and studying everything.

He was such an extraordinarily brilliant and gifted man, and in so many fields of study; anatomy, painting, sculpture, botany, mechanics, and writing ... it just boggles the mind.
Now I've got plans to head to the library tomorrow to find some books on this incredible man. I thought I knew a lot about his life until yesterday, but I was so wrong!



Here is a quote attributed to Leonardo:

The natural desire of good men is knowledge.

(As a confirmed and unapologetic library geek - I have a deep appreciation for that point of view)

E.L. Kongsburg said about him:

[Leonardo] could not look at things made by God without wondering how He had made them,and he could not look at things made by man without thinking of some way to make them better.

No comments:

Thomas likes to play with your mouse ... he'll even purr!