Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Ahhhhh ....


Remember how I was raving about the coffee my cousins sent?

(Shameless plug ... http://www.sloroasted.com/)

Well, guess how Karma, or the Universe, or the Fates decided to mess with me?

The carafe on our coffeemaker broke!

By the way - a hot coffee carafe does NOT like to be rinsed with cold tap water. And no, I am not the one that broke it. It was all Kaitlin's fault!

(I broke the last one. And yes, the same way.)

This led to a week of using an old 4-cup Mr. Coffee (that continually dumped grinds into the brew, no matter how we rigged the filter), then trying 8 or 10 times to figure out the right process to use Kirk's Revere Ware stovetop percolator (couldn't get rid of the metallic taste, but boy howdy - it made the whole house smell fantastic! Better than Febreeze!) THEN we tried to buy a replacement carafe ... only to discover that it didn't fit.

I am now overjoyed to report that my mom was kind enough to lend us her coffeemaker until we get the right replacement carafe. She only uses hers when my Auntie comes to visit, so we saved it from sitting in it's lonely box on her pantry shelf for the next few months.

I am now on my second cup of the morning, and happy as can be.

But there go my mid-morning naps ...

Cheers!

No comments:

Thomas likes to play with your mouse ... he'll even purr!