Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Heroes



Two of the greatest guys in the whole world live 4 houses away from each other ... on my street ... one of them lives in my house and one of them lives in my friend Anne's house.

Let me tell you why these guys are so incredible.

Anne's husband Wayne has spent hours, on three different nights trying to get wireless Internet access my laptop. He even made a special 40 foot cable last night so I could plug in to our router and be able to write while laying in bed. (I think Anne and I goofed a little when we were trying to help him see the wire colors in very low light, but by then we were all tired and a little punchy) It didn't work, so he let me borrow the 25 foot cable that I blogged about earlier.

Then he went above and beyond today. Anne said he just couldn't leave the problem unsolved - so today he went out and got me a very spiffy Linksys Wireless USB adapter! They called me over early this evening, and Wayne programmed it and set it all up for me tonite. Can you believe this guy? I'm already planning the GIANT gift basket he's getting in return.

I'd been over at Wayne and Anne's (where Payton is staying the night for a sleep-over ... geez, I hope he makes it the whole night) for an hour and a half - fifteen minutes of which were spent with Wayne getting my laptop up and running, the rest was spent with the three of us just chit-chatting, while the three 8-year old boys played in the background.

I walked back home at 7:30 just in time for a late dinner with Katie and Kirk. My lovely, wonderful husband (and personal Top Chef) made one of my favorite dinners ... broiled chicken breasts, mashed potatoes and green beans. I've posted many times about what a wonderful guy he is; how he spoils, takes care of and loves me and our kids. Today was the simplest, sweetest show of affection. We spent hours cleaning the kids rooms, and when we quit for the day, I ran across the street to Anne's, he relaxed at home and then perfectly planned the timing of our dinner. He fixes the everything around the house, knows a ton about the t.v.s, stereos and computers. He got the router up and running easily. He's a total guy's-guy with his buddies.
But he's not a knuckle-dragging caveman. We realized that someone else was going to have to fix the laptop issue - and it didn't affect his ego one bit.
How rare is that? He's totally secure - and I love and adore him.

There's one more great guy I have to add, but he doesn't live on my street.
My dad. He's been in Hawaii for about two weeks and has sent me pictures, text messages, emails and called me several times just to keep in touch. Every year of my life we get closer and closer and I love every minute of it.

O.K., enough gushing. I just had to show my gratitude and affection for these people. I've had a great day and these men are chiefly the reason for that.

I can't believe what a lucky girl I am to have such great guys in my life.

3 comments:

Anne said...

Our guys are fantastic! I totally agree with you. And I am very glad that you are up and running now. Just don't type and run at the same time, you might get hurt.

Lori said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lori said...

Dude, I CAN walk and type at the same time. I've done it all the way to your house on my Sidekick.
So, nyah, nyah, nyah!
(I was talking to you on Y! Messenger, telling you/warning you I was on the way over.)

Thomas likes to play with your mouse ... he'll even purr!