Wednesday, April 30, 2008

One Word Answers

This is courtesy of Momma at Poetic License. It's really hard for me to limit these to one word answers. I have a tendency to embellish and ramble on and on and usually get caught up in the need to explain all my answers ... oh wait. There I go again.
Read on!

Your mobile phone? Close

Your significant other? Witty

Your hair? Thick

Your mother? Clever

Your father? Supportive

Your favorite thing? Writing

Your dream last night? Vague

Your favorite drink? CharlieCoke

Your dream/goal? Published

The room you’re in? Bedroom

Your ex? Exorcised

Your fear? Instability

Where do you want to be in 6 years? Bookstores (get it?)

Where were you last night? Home

What you’re not? Tidy

Muffins? Banana-nut (kind of two words)

One of your wish list items? Teeth

Where you grew up? Vegas

The last thing you did? Talk

What are you wearing? Pajamas

Your TV? GhostHunters

Your pets? Spoiled

Your computer? Lifeblood

Your life? Improving

Your mood? Ditto (see above)

Missing someone? Grandparents

Your car? Adored

Something you’re not wearing? Make-up

Favorite Store? Bookstore

Your summer? Scorching

Like someone? Carefully

Your favorite color? Green

When is the last time you laughed? Tonite

Last time you cried? Forgotten

Ok - now to pass the tags along.

To Baroness von B ... Because I discovered her on Ask, and had posted a comment on the review of her site. And I proceeded to firmly wedge my foot in my mouth by calling her blog "wordy." That's pretty much the pot calling the kettle black, wouldn't you say? I think she'll enjoy the irony of the one-word post tag, after our first "meeting." She responded to my comment and was very kind and gracious and I love her blog more every day. Oh holy crap. I don't think she's in my blogroll. I can't remember! I'll have to check that and remedy the situation post-haste. (Yeah, and I called HER wordy ...)

To Maggie and Ray ... the first REAL honest to goodness writers I met through the blogosphere - and ones that actually visit my posted ramblings. Go figure! I'm tagging them with the one-word post because they helped me through my deadline-anxiety-attack, and I'm sure each of them has a deadline looming. This one's more of a time-saver than the other one.

And to Anne ... my friend and neighbor and fellow blogger. I'm tagging you with BOTH of these memes because you've been on vacation in Sunny San Diego for almost a whole frickin' week. Yeah, I'm a little jealous.
I have enjoyed visiting your cats; well, only Cleo ... because Bandit just hides out under Andrew's bed while we're there ... Cleo is now totally in love with Katie and I. She makes a total fool out of herself when we visit. It's just not as much fun to walk across the street.
Therefore, because I love you and miss you, and because Payton was driving me up the wall with Andrew gone ... I am punishing you by making you do two of these. Hee Hee !!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You, lady, are totally hilarious! I graciously take your challenge (and what a challenge it will be...); I believe I'll be able to post it Monday (tomorrow has already been put to bed). Thank you for the humourous summary of our first meeting, and for including me on your blogroll. I'm honored.

Anonymous said...

"My ex: Exorcised."

LOVE it.

But I'm not doin' the meme. Please don't hate me. Please don't hate me. Please don't hate me.

I just suck so bad at these, even the one-liners, I drive myself crazy.

Please don't hate me.

:)

Lori said...

Baroness-
I'm glad you appreciated the joke. And the blogroll should have included you a long time ago. I am thrilled you still speak to me after my little (ahem) faux pas. Can't wait to see yours.

Maggie-
Good heavens, no. I could never hate you. I wasn't sure if you or Ray even DID meme's. I'm pretty sure I've never seen one on his blog. But I was too curious about what your answers would be to not tag you both.
Even if Ray declines - I'll still love you both and remain addicted to your blogs.

RiverPoet said...

I love your answers, and I do hope that someday you'll be published. We can share those shelves together!

Peace - D

Thomas likes to play with your mouse ... he'll even purr!